How to turn around with kitesurfing?
The easiest way to change direction with kiteboarding is to:
- slow down at the end of a lack
- bring your kite slowly to 12 o’clock and stop
- let yourself sink into the water and look to the other side
- steer your kite the other way
- do a waterstart and head back in the other direction.
After some practice, you can turn around without sinking in the water and you get a sliding turn like the video.
Practice makes perfect, so try to turn as much as possible and you will master the turn in now time.
Next step try to do a carving turn.